It’s that time of year! Goodreads will be hosting the annual Goodreads Choice Awards starting Tuesday, October 30.
Fifteen books will be nominated in twenty categories, which include Fiction, Mystery & Thriller, Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror, Romance, Memoir & Autobiography, History & Biography, Nonfiction, Food & Cookbooks, Humor, Graphic Novels & Comics, Poetry, Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction, Middle Grade & Children’s Books, Picture Books, and Goodreads Author.
The Voting Rounds
- Round One — October 30 – November 11 — Voting will be open to the fifteen books across the twenty categories, as well as write-in votes.
- Round Two — November 12 – November 18 — The top five write-in votes will join the original fifteen, making 20 options across 20 categories. Additional write-ins no longer accepted.
- Round Three — November 19 – November 27 — Slashed in half, voters will choose from ten books across twenty categories. Make your vote count!
Winners will be announced December 4.
Which Books I Predict Will Be Nominated
I’m not a prolific reader, but I’m basing my predictions (in a handful of categories) for the nominations based on what I enjoyed and what I saw, as a bookseller, flying off the shelves.
- Fiction: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Romance: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (I really don’t want this to happen, but I predict it will)
- Memoir & Autobiography: No Easy Day by Mark Owen
- Young Adult Fiction: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Young Adult Fantasy and Science Fiction: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- Middle Grade & Children’s Books: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
Log on tomorrow and start voting!!!
Which books do you hope to see? Which books do you predict will be nominated?
2 thoughts on “Goodreads Choice Awards 2012”
Definitely The Fault in Our Stars! Perhaps Insurgent and The Golden Lily in Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction. I can’t believe it’s time for this already…
I was shocked when I received an email about it too. “Already? WOW. It really IS nearly November!”