Top Ten Tuesday, a concept started by The Broke and the Bookish, is a themed post that connects bloggers to bloggers, bloggers to readers, and readers to readers. Every Tuesday has a special topic, and this Tuesday is Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being a Blogger/Reader
1. With Quirk, I get to further rant or fangirl on topics discussed in class or at the bookstore. Like how you can spot excellent YA fantasy, or notice trends in the fractured fairy tale market.
2. It’s easier to keep up with the latest hype when you’re blogging about it and actively seeking it.
3. I get to talk to other bookworms around the world. What great conversations we have!
4. It keeps my to-read list in line. Reviewing books motivates me to read and review more!
5. Blogging has been a part of my life for a very long time, and it seems strange to just not “talk to strangers” on the internet.
Why I Love Being a Reader
1. I get to travel to faraway places I’ve never been, or revisit places I have been.
2. There’s just something about experiencing another’s life, even fictional, that’s thrilling and exciting.
3. I’m constantly learning. Especially with historical fiction — if it’s based on true events, I end up researching those true events. If it’s based on a classic, I find that classic. If it’s fantasy, I’m wowed by yet another entirely different world created by one person’s imagination.
4. The universal sign of a reader — reading in public places, taking forever to find books in libraries/bookstores, carrying a book at all times — tends to also be a universal sign for a friend. It’s like a code for introverted people: this person is safe. Go discuss books.
5. Being a reader means getting to talk about the books, and that’s the greatest.