Top Ten Tuesday, a concept started by The Broke and the Bookish, is a themed post that connects bloggers to bloggers, bloggers to readers, and readers to readers. Every Tuesday has a special topic, and this Tuesday is Top Ten Book Turn-Offs, but I didn’t want to write a negative post. So today I chose from a previous Top Ten: Characters You’d Want as Family Members, in no particular order.
1. Hermione Granger. If I had a sister like Hermione, I’d both love her and hate her. It could get competitive between the two of us — Hermione is extremely competitive in just about everything sensible. But since we are so similar, I’d hope we’d love each other and bounce ideas and facts off one another.
2. Fred and George Weasley. (Assuming, of course, that Fred stayed alive.) I would love to have jokers for older brothers.
3. Jane Eyre. I’d want her to be my cousin. Or an aunt. Or an adopted sister. Someone extremely close to my family, in general.
4. Mr Bennet. Yes, he’s almost always hiding away in his library, but I think the way he’s such a caring father towards Jane and Elizabeth is simply adorable. He’d make a good dad — my father is rather quiet just like him.
5. Finnick. In Catching Fire he’s this dashing and remarkably intelligent and emotional kind of guy. He’d make a cool cousin or uncle!
6. Henry Tilney. Honestly, he’d be a part of my family because I married him. But if he’s not married into my family, he’d be another great older brother.
7. John Thornton. If a marriage with Tilney doesn’t work out, give me Thornton.
8. Cassie Maddox. The Likeness is one of my favorite books, and Cassie is such a badass. An aunt, a cousin, a sister, my mother, it doesn’t matter. She’s part of my family!
9. Marco Alisdair. The Night Circus is another favorite of mine, and I love how calm and collected he is. He’d also be a great mentor.
10. Sirius Black. I mourned heavily for his character. I don’t think he’d be a good father, but he’d definitely make a great uncle.
This was surprisingly difficult! Most of my favorite characters I’d love to either be best friends with or married to!
What characters would you choose for your ideal fictional family?