Back in early April, A Novel Place nominated this blog for the Liebster Blog Award (liebster, as I already knew from living in a German family, means “beloved”)! This award recognizes blogs that have less than 200 followers, acknowledging “the best kept secrets” in the blogosphere. I can’t even begin to thank Lauren enough for the nomination – definitely check out her bibliophile posts!
As a nominee, I have to nominate five blogs I believe are “the best kept secrets.” I don’t follow too many blogs on WordPress, although I will point out my absolute favorites here and on Tumblr that I think will also shed light on my character 😉
1. appazoogle – This blog was created by Boston’s Emerson College’s publishing graduate program, and focuses its work on understanding the publishing industry of yesterday and combining it with the latest tools and technologies of today. It’s an effort to work with instead of against the changing tides in publishing. Fun fact: the name derives from Apple + Amazon + Google. I thought that was pretty neat.
2. Jane Austen’s World – I’m sure they have more than 200 followers, but I find this blog to be a gem anyway. It contains lots of historical information (door knockers, bicycles, latest fashion trends) on Austen’s lifetime, as well as information on the Austen family. If you like 18th-19th centuries and/or Austen, this is the blog for you!
3. Savory Simple – A fantastic resource for fun, new recipes! There have been quite a few cookies and smoothies I’ve wanted to try. Just need to get over my fear of the oven and all things cookware…
4. Pretty Books – Stacey is a phenomenal blogger! I follow her on Tumblr, Goodreads, and Twitter as well (phooo, I sound like a stalker…I’m sorry, Stacey!). She has excellent book reviews, and is definitely a resource for YA literature and dystopian literature. I’d go so far to say she’s an expert, with the amount she’s read, but maybe this is just my awe shining through. Seriously, check out this blog. I bow to her skill.
5. AnglophilesAnon – Ah, a Tumblr! Yes, although this is mostly photos, Laura will reblog anything related to the UK, adding in locations and dates and naming the people in the photos. I’ve considered myself an anglophile but after following this blog for several months I have to say I definitely wasn’t much of one until I stumbled on here. Check it out!
2 thoughts on “Liebster Blog Award”
Aw, thank you for the lovely comments! It’s SO nice that you enjoy my blog and I definitely do not think you’re a stalker!
Phew, good. I hadn’t realized I followed you on all these social networking sites until I typed this post.